24TRA031 Junior Cycle English Poetry
Date: Tuesday 23rd January 2024
Time: 7 - 8 pm
Venue: Online via Zoom
The volume of poetry at Junior Cycle can prove overwhelming for teachers and students alike.
In this webinar, Claire will provide useful guidance on how best to approach the teaching of poems at Junior Cycle, including:
- A selection of poetry that will cover all ability levels as well as apply to virtually any exam question
- Tips on how to read poetry in class to best aid reinforcement of comprehension and learning
- Guidance on how to teach poetic techniques in a simple and effective manner
- A breakdown of past exam questions
- Notes and sample responses
Bio of Presenter: Claire Cotter
Claire Cotter is an English and History Teacher in Christian Brothers College Cork, where she also works as the school’s Special Educational Needs Coordinator. She holds a Master’s Degree in International Relations and is currently studying for a Masters in Education in University College, Cork. She runs the website Ms Cotter’s Class where she posts notes for English, History and SEN.
|Course date||23-01-2024 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||23-01-2024 8:00 pm|
|Cut off date||23-01-2024 7:15 pm|