Kerry Schools create a Buzz with "Bee Creative"
Four Kerry schools are one of four recipients of the Arts in Education Portal Documentation Awards. Whilst taking part in the 2018/2019 Teacher and Artist Partnership CPD Summer Course & Residency Programme, Firies N.S, Killahan N.S, Dromclough N.S and Lenamore N.S applied for the Creative Clusters initiative. Their subsequent project, ‘Bee Creative’ exemplified two Arts in Education initiatives. The show created somewhat of a buzz in the national folk theatre, Siamsa Tíre on 3rd April 2019. Creativity and learning blossomed with wonderful colourful props, visuals, poetry, dancing and acting. Congratulations to all the teachers and especially the 94 children involved who portrayed the importance of bees in our world through the various art forms. For more see:
Kerry Schools Create a Buzz with Bee Creative Arts in Education Portal Announcement
'I AM' Online Course - BOOK before April 30th for the Early Bird Rate of €59.00
ACTIVE SCHOOL FLAG - NEARLY THERE WORKSHOP 5TH MARCH 2019
· ASF will also advertise on www.activeschoolflag.ie and via Twitter @activeflag
Active School Flag – NEARLY THERE workshop 5th March 2019 The Education Centre Tralee 4.00p.m. - 6.00p.m.
Join UsThis practical workshop is for schools that are well advanced with the process and that intend to apply for / renew the ASF during 2019.
Who is if for?ALL schools (new applicant & renewal schools) are advised to attend:
All schools in attendance will receive:
· Active School WALKWAY resource
· Set of ASF whistles
· ASF slideshow for use at staff meetings
All bookings must be made ONLINE at www.activeschoolflag.ie
Workshop for Newly Appointed Principals in the last three years and their Chairpersons
VENUE: THE EDUCATION CENTRE TRALEE
DATES: Monday 4th February 2019
TIMES: 7.00p.m – 9.00p.m
This workshop, delivered by CPSMA, is geared towards Principals who have been appointed within the last two to three years, and their Chairpersons.
The objectives of this workshop include:
- ·To explore the respective roles of the Principal and the Chairperson in the context of the operation of the Board of Management;
- ·To address the responsibility of the Board of Management to operate the school on behalf of the Patron;
- ·To discuss the current challenges facing Boards of Management, and in particular the challenges facing Chairpersons and Principals in the context of their respective roles;
- ·To identify best practice for developing an effective working relationship between the Chairperson and the Principal.
Teas and Coffees will be served on arrival at 6.30p.m.
If you wish to attend this workshop please log onto our website www.edcentretralee.ie and book your place online. Please note there is no fee for this workshop