23TRA486 Approaching The Comparative Study
Date: Tuesday 21st November 2023
Time: 7 - 8 pm
Venue: Online via Zoom
The Comparative Study remains one of the more challenging aspects of the Senior Cycle English course and figuring out the best approach to teaching it can be a daunting task.
In this webinar, Claire will provide practical and effective approaches to the teaching of the comparative, as well as:
- A guide to the teaching of all Higher Level Modes and a thorough breakdown of each
- Advice on choosing texts from the prescribed list
- Advice on teaching The Comparative Study at Ordinary Level
- A breakdown of past exam questions
- Sample answers for modes prescribed
Bio of Presenter: Claire Cotter
Claire Cotter is an English and History Teacher in Christian Brothers College Cork, where she also works as the school’s Special Educational Needs Coordinator. She holds a Master’s Degree in International Relations and is currently studying for a Masters in Education in University College, Cork. She runs the website Ms Cotter’s Class where she posts notes for English, History and SEN.
|Course date||21-11-2023 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||21-11-2023 8:00 pm|
|Cut off date||21-11-2023 7:15 pm|