Creative Clusters is an initiative under the Schools Excellence Fund of DoE and Creative Ireland, Creative Youth Programme. Clusters can comprise between 3 to 5 schools collaborating on the design, implementation, evaluation and dissemination of an innovative arts and creative learning project which supports them to address a common issue or challenge.
Creative Clusters will include schools at different stages of their journey in using the arts and creativity in the classroom. Ideally, clusters can consist of: primary schools only, post-primary schools only or a combination of primary and post-primary schools.
The Lead School in the Cluster will nominate a Lead School Co-Ordinator, and each of the other schools in the Cluster must nominate at least one representative who will work with the Cluster on behalf of the school, be the point of contact for the school and available to attend the Regional Creative Workshops and 3 meetings in the local Education Centre.
The Creative Clusters initiative consists of 5 events during the 2020/2021 school year.
- Creative Cluster Facilitator Training (1st Oct 2020 via Zoom for existing and new Creative Cluster Facilitators).
- Six (6) x Regional Exploratory Cluster Training Workshops - an initial one-day training event for Lead School Creative Cluster Coordinators and at least one representative from each of the other schools in the Cluster. This provides an opportunity for schools in the individual Creative Clusters to work together to develop and progress the focus of their Cluster work.
- Three (3) x Creative Cluster meetings either via Zoom or in your local Education Centre (EC) during the 2020/2021 school year. Two meetings must be held before Christmas 2020 and one meeting in 2021. Facilitators in consultation with their Clusters will determine the amount of time for meetings via Zoom based on the length of time in the working day.
For 2019/2020-year two intake, the Creative Clusters initiative consists of 3 events during the 2020/2021 school year.
- Creative Cluster Facilitator Training (1st Oct 2020 via Zoom). Same training event as highlighted above for existing and new Creative Cluster Facilitators)
- Two (2) x Creative Cluster meetings either via Zoom or in your local Education Centre (EC) during the 2020/2021 school year. One meeting must be held before Christmas 2020 and one meeting in 2021.
Though public health advice is evolving daily, we think it prudent that consideration be given by Education Centres and Schools involved in the 2020-2021 intake of Creative Clusters to undertake meetings remotely (via Zoom). Should public health advice and Education Centre and School policy allow, your Creative Clusters meetings may be held in a face-to-face capacity. However, this cannot be guaranteed and will have to be decided upon by each Education Centre and School in question in line with national guidelines prevailing at the time.
What is provided for the Education Centre to Lead and Co-ordinate this initiative?
- Up to a maximum of €12,500 Grant per Creative Cluster - maximum €2,500 per school in each Cluster (5 Schools = €12,500, and 3 schools = €7,500). Please note that in 2020 Year 1 and Year 2 Clusters, the Creative Clusters grant funding includes an additional €1000.00 per school (2020 exceptional once-off July Stimulus fund secured only for this year from Creative Ireland).
- €1,500 for each Creative Cluster Facilitator in year one (€300 X 5 meetings).
- €900 for each Creative Cluster Facilitator in year two (€300 each for Creative Cluster Training event on 1st October and 2 Cluster meetings). If a Creative Cluster Facilitator is a Facilitator for more than one Cluster, they are only paid once for attendance at the same cluster training events.
- €500 administration per EC (this covers administration for y1 & y2).
- Allocation for Materials per Education Centre for Cluster Meetings up to €200.
- Venue Hire Regional Cluster Workshops (only 6 venues). Training held virtually via Zoom in 2020.
- Catering costs for Regional Cluster Workshops (only 6 venues) Training was held virtually via Zoom in 2020.
- Venue Hire for Creative Cluster meetings (X3 y1) (X2 y2) if meetings held in Centre.
- Catering Costs for Creative Cluster meetings if meetings held in Centre.
- Teacher Travel @ 16.92/km - travel cannot be paid in respect of claimants who have to travel less than 10 miles (single journey) to a meeting/course.
- Paid substitution via the OLCS (if meetings are held f2f).