23TRA026 Communicating Through Sensory Play In The Primary Classroom
This webinar looks to provide teachers and SNAs with ideas, skills and strategies to help children engage and communicate through sensory play. During the webinar we will review how a number of areas of the curriculum can be made more inclusive through the use of sensory play.
- Reflecting on communication
- Understanding of our senses and sensory processing.
- Reviewing how children can engage with the primary school curriculum through sensory play
- Strategies and ideas for sensory engagement
- Participants will have a greater understanding of the foundational aspects of sensory processing and integration
- Participants will develop strategies and tools to help children develop communication and expression through sensory activities
- Participants will have gained knowledge of a number of practical and achievable strategies to help children engage with the primary school curriculum through sensory activities.
Stephen is a qualified occupational therapist and primary school teacher with over 10 years’ experience in the classroom, working in both mainstream and SEN settings. Stephen has worked with Dyspraxia/DCD Ireland and their members in recent times, including the development of the ‘Our say in our schools’ resource for schools by children with Dyspraxia/DCD.
|Course date||20-11-2023 6:30 pm|
|Course End Date||20-11-2023 7:30 pm|
|Cut off date||20-11-2023 5:30 pm|